All of the grade levels are now attending GT class during their FIT time Mondays through Thursdays. The kids and I have been starting the new school year by getting reacquainted with GT and setting up for a fresh start.
This is what we've been up to:
- We played "Two Truths and Lie" to find out more about what everyone did, and did not do, this summer.
- We cleaned out our GT binders. We took home or recycled things we will not be needing for this school year.
- We organized our iPad's GT Apps folder. Students spent some time making sure the GT apps are easy to find on their iPad. They also added some new apps and explored the newest additions to the Eanes App Store.
- We made a paper plate for the classroom door contraption. Our groovy classroom door is equipped with a pulley that displays a hanging paper plate. Each GT student designed and decorated a plate that will hang from the contraption at some point this year.
- We set three goals for the school year and wrote them down in a letter. Each student wrote themselves a letter containing their main goals for the year. They chose goals that they will focus on during the school day. They sealed the letters in envelopes that they will open up on the last day of GT class this year.