Students in grades 1-4 continued to work on their projects this week. 5th graders did not attend GT class this week because they had to practice and/or perform the musical.
In addition to working on projects the GT cuties also enjoyed 5th Day Free Day this week. Instead of writing in their journals they made a design. Here are the directions they got when they came to 5th Day Free Day:
There is a special challenge you will begin working on today, and it’s all about PUPPETS :-)
- Begin by carefully observing our classroom’s puppet theater and current collection of puppets.
- What puppet do you think would be a good addition to our collection?
- In your journal, make a detailed design for the puppet you would like to make. Be sure to consider & label what each part of the puppet will be made out of. Also show how each part of the puppet will be fastened to the whole.
- Explore the cabinets and the O-Zone to see what materials are available.
- Hot glue can be used as a fastener. Ms. O will be the one who applies the glue.
- Your job today is the make the design.
- The building of the puppets will occur next 5th Day Free Day.
I'm excited to see all of the new puppets that your genius kids create!