2nd grade focused on the Blind Build challenge this week. For details about the activity please refer to last week's post. The class took on the challenge with enthusiasm and a cooperative spirit. It was difficult for them to communicate with all the restrictions in place, but they stepped up to the challenge and performed well!
3rd, 4th, and 5th graders began an activity called Saving Buzz Lightyear this week. The directions are:
MISSION: Move Buzz Lightyear safely across the room and to his toy box WITHOUT touching the floor.
- One Buzz Lightyear figurine per team – placed in starting position by Ms. O
- One toy box placed in center of room
- One box of mixed materials per team (string, cardboard, paper tubes, paper, tape, straws, etc.)
- No part of Buzz may touch the floor
- Buzz must come to a smooth stop & he may come to no harm at any time
- Each group will get the same amount of planning and building time
- Buzz may be touched by your group once (this number may increase/decrease based on teamwork)
- You must use every item in your materials box
- Every person on the team must contribute in some way
- A video of your team saving Buzz should be made and shared with Ms. O
The figurines look like this: